Monday, May 10, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Over the weekend I got to enjoy some of life's simple pleasures: date night with my wonderful husband, sleeping in, getting a haircut, planting flowers, getting icecream at yummy Sub Zero, and...going for a car ride. I'd spent Saturday morning at my Mom's house. She'd given me a haircut and had then planted flowers for me in my little flower barrel (and I just LOVE them! Yay for spring!) I'd brought Krug with me so he could play in the yard with my parent's dog Chinghis while we were doing our planting. We'd finished things up and were getting everything loaded in my car. Krug loves going for visits but is always worried about getting left behind. Thus, he makes sure he is the first thing loaded in the car. I'd opened the passenger door for him to jump in, and then proceeded to open the back door so my Mom could put my flower barrel in the back seat. Well, Chinghis saw his moment of opportunity and he took it! Next thing I knew, he had also loaded himself into the car!
What was I going to do with two dogs in my car?!! They were both so excited that I didn't want to disappoint them. So...I took them for a quick little car ride. You would have thought it was Christmas! They were both so excited and it was a really good reminder for me to take better notice of life's simple pleasures.

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME! Nothing like a dog to remind you of the simple pleasures in life.

    ReplyDelete