Monday, October 5, 2009

October Eves

"Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!"- Humbert Wolfe

One of the things I love most about living in Utah is the seasons. There is so much to enjoy every time our weather changes. We just enjoyed a great summer full of trips and outdoor get-togethers and have now really been looking forward to autumn and all the traditions that come with it. Over the weekend Parker & I went for a drive up the canyon, and these pictures just don't do it justice! The leaves were so bright and colorful and the weather was just perfect. We stopped at Sundance and walked around the grounds and had fun taking some pictures and enjoying the outdoors. Afterwards we enjoyed some hot cocoa and even got to watch the sun set. I had made it my goal to get these pictures posted first thing Monday morning and encourage everyone to take the opportunity to go for a drive as well. When I woke up, however, I discovered that there was already snow on the mountains! I'm hoping fall hasn't quickly passed us by...

No comments:

Post a Comment