Friday, October 30, 2009

Annual Ward Cook-off

Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days. ~Author Unknown



About a year ago Parker and I got called to be our Ward's Activity Chairs. It has been quite a calling! This calling definitely has a learning curve but I think we are finally getting the hang of it! I have been super stressed this last week trying to get everything taken care of and ready-to-go, and Parker, being the wonderful guy that he is, reminded me that the nature of our calling is that we don't have much to do for a month and a half and then have one really stressful week. And it was worth it! Our activity this month was our Annual Ward Chili (or Chocolate) Cook-off. Members could bring a chili/soup or chocolate dessert and we had a costume competition as well. I tried really hard to be Betty Crocker and make a soup for this event...but it was somewhat of a disaster. Needless to say, my culinary skills have long way to go. But, I did enjoy everyone else's food!

I am always so impressed with people's creativity and energy for costumes. I LOVE Halloween and all the festivities that go along with it, but I find that my enthusiasm for dressing up is usually lack-luster--As you can tell by Parker and I dressed in our stand-by costumes that we borrowed from our sisters. (By the way, thanks Alicia & Rachelle for helping us out with those!)



Luigi, Princess Peach, & Baby Mario (She HAND-MADE their costumes!)

Teletubby

Nemo

(Isn't she the cutest?! You should have seen her waddling around--ADORABLE!)

We had a really good turn-out and I think everyone had a great time. I'm already thinking about the things I will do differently next year to make the activity even better...

p.s. I have a few BAGS of small pumpkins and gourds that we used for decorating. If anyone would like some for their fall decorating (we still have all of November people!) then PLEASE let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute Jes! Glad everything went well and glad you had a fun time on your St. George trip.

    ReplyDelete